Saturday, January 31, 2009

CHA and a change of direction



I just got back from the CHA trade show. Inspired and tired. I saw some great new products, my favorite being a personal (but really professional) silk screening machine from Provo Craft. Its a super cool all in one machine that is about the size of a personal copier complete with a light system for exposing the film. I'm really excited about this thing! I have been silk screening for a long time (probably 20 years now) and although I don't do it daily or as an income stream, I still get out the screens and inks to do something about once a month or so. If I had this system I think it would be more like once a week!!! I will be watching the Provo Craft website for launch info and saving my pennies!


I also met with my reps at the show. We found a quiet corner and they gave me the "you know what you should do..." talk. (they should charge for that, by the way) I walked away from that with a completely new and freeing direction. My art has gotten stiffer and flatter as I have gone on this year and nothing was really very good (good ideas maybe) but no heart. So, I'm going to try something a little crazy and all of my art is going to come straight from the sketch phase, no cleaning up, no machine type, fast and furious and full of my heart and soul. I'm excited and happy and a little scared... whats the saying... Feel the fear and do it anyway!

No comments: